“The service was wonderful! I definitely will be recommending their services to my neighbors, friends, and family the technician cleaned my chimney and also cleaned my carpet for a very reasonable price I very much so was pleased with the work and respectful he was. Eko Fresh Thank you.”
Are you looking for a cleaning company in Atlanta, GA that can do air duct cleaning and power washing? Eko Fresh Cleaning can do more than that. We also offer carpet cleaning, fireplace cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, chimney sweeps, gutter cleaning, and home cleaning. Our wide range of commercial and residential cleaning services will surely help maintain the beauty and structural integrity of your home.
At Eko Fresh Cleaning, we believe that great customer service is everything. You will be given special one-on-one attention to make sure all your cleaning needs are met. We always strive to not only give excellent service but also offer rates that are lower than other cleaning companies. Our company values all our loyal customers because we wouldn’t be in the business without them.
Here are the top five reasons air ducts should be inspected and serviced:
Top 5 Reasons to Schedule Regular Chimney Cleaning:
1) Allergies. By properly cleaning their air duct system homeowners protect their families from harmful dust and other contaminants. Air ducts provide an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, mold, fungi, and other allergens. Children under the age of four are particularly vulnerable and the result may be allergies or asthma. Seattle Healthy Projects reports, “New research indicates if children do not come into contact with asthma triggers between birth and four years old they may never develop asthma.”
1) Fire Prevention. As you may have guessed, fire prevention is the most significant reason to schedule regular chimney cleaning services. When wood burns, it creates creosote, a sticky, black or dark brown substance that’s highly combustible. The more creosote accumulates, the more likely a fire will be to start.
2) Mold. Many air duct systems are located in a home’s basement. Most have had a wet, damp, or flooded basement in the past. This moisture may cause mold and mildew to grow in and around the ductwork. An anti-microbial should be fogged into the system after the cleaning to prevent future growth.
2) Carbon Monoxide Prevention. Creosote isn't the only byproduct of fire—carbon monoxide also forms as you warm your home. If ventilation is poor, too much exposure can be harmful. Carbon monoxide can lead to headaches, nausea, dizziness, and other flu-like symptoms. In extreme cases, it can even lead to death.
3) Pets. Animal fur gets trapped in the vents and builds up living germs, fungus, and allergy-causing bacteria. Pet dander will still exist from a previous owner and will cause reactions for people with allergies. The fur and dander can also hinder the efficiency of the HVAC system. Clumps of hair will slow down the airflow for the entire system.
3) Flue Efficiency. As soot builds up around the flue, ventilation becomes increasingly difficult. Too much buildup will prevent the smoke from escaping. Eventually, it will move into the rooms of your house.
4) Dust. New homeowners may do constant dusting only to find the dust back the very next day. The reason is the dust continues to flow through the house and ductwork until it is properly cleaned. Homes built today will have drywall dust and construction debris in the ductwork before the owner even moves in.
4) Masonry Longevity. An excess of creosote and soot can eat away at your masonry features over time. While you may think forgoing a professional chimney cleaning will save you money, you will end up spending much more on masonry repairs.
5) Efficiency. Years of dust, hair, pests, and other pollutants in ductwork will hinder an HVAC system’s airflow. A proper cleaning will help remove the buildup and promote the proper airflow needed to run the system at peak efficiency. The spiders, insects, and rodents that have been living and dying in ducts for years will be cleaned out as well from a thorough cleaning.
When dirt and debris are removed from ductwork, the fans and motors that power a furnace no longer need to work as hard to distribute air. Advising people to routinely get their air ducts inspected and serviced is important. Not only does this properly maintain a home, but it keeps the quality of indoor air as pure as possible.
5) Critter Control. For those that have a chimney but don't use it often, it's still important to hire a chimney sweep. Because of a chimney's structure, animals like birds, squirrels, and raccoons can easily enter and make themselves at home. Routine inspections will allow you to catch intruders before they start making nests, storing food, or inviting their friends
If you’re searching for a cleaning company that provides quality service at cost-efficient rates, turn to Eko Fresh Cleaning. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with our cleaning service. Please note that terms and conditions apply. Just let us know and we’ll do our best to meet your needs. Give us a call today and enjoy our free estimates!